Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Far from the home I love.

Part of the trouble with taking a job far from home is leaving the home you love.  I think about all the blood an tears that went into this house.  I think about all the love and Laughter that we lived in this house and I am sad to leave it.
 It sure looks different now, compared to when we bought it in 1999.

 My bedroom with the beautiful bamboo floors.

 Kenneth told me I could paint it however I wanted, then when he walked in, said "O great now I'm living in Candy land!"


My first stained glass projects.


My awesome bath tub

Our cool his and hers sinks, that I found on Clearance at Home Depot and had to drive all over the valley to get 2.

My green living room that Katherine helped me stage with a marimba.

My beautiful wood wrapped stairs, and computer nook.


The kitchen of my dreams with room enough for taffy pulling and Pi parties.


My garden window, perfect for growing orchids.

The stone gray sink that came and is actually purple.

Who needs 2 dishwashers?  I do!


Stupid expensive oven that never worked right.

Amazing Pantry.

Ok, I don't miss the tiny laundryroom.

Giant cutting boards.

On our way out the door to China, we painted the big girls room and the boys room to make them more traditional.

We also finally remodeled the downstairs masterbath.


This is the playhouse my dad helped me build.


My Grapefruit tree that the kids gave me for mothers day.

The tub I tiled all by myself. (My dad helped get me set up)

The music room where Syd painted "When I'm sixty-four" in music notes all around the room.

Nate's Red room.

My sewing room, with the piano and organ.


The shower floor made from rocks that Kenneth and my dad hand selected at my grandpa's beach.  We tumbled the rocks for weeks in a small rock tumbler.  There are even a couple rocks from Havasupai and the pioneer trek.


Goodbye house, thanks for all the good memories!

1 comment:

  1. It kinda breaks my heart that I won't be able to visit you there anymore!

    ReplyDelete