Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fort Verde

We have been so focused on saving money for our trip to China, that we haven't had any interesting adventures lately.  I could tell because Hazel repeatedly told me how much fun she had, and thanked me for taking her to such an amazing place.  I thought the fort was interesting, but lacking in stories.  I want to know who lived there and what interesting things happened.  I was a bit disappointed on that front.

I also had a picture taking lesson from my friend, and I was supposed to be practicing with my new camera.  I think that the quality of the photograph improved a little.  The kids were patient about me taking so many pictures and making them wait while I messed with the camera.


Two Orange Brothers. 
 (The excuse for this trip was the All-state concert in Flagstaff.   Truman was in the concert and we were on our way to see him, that's why there are only 2 brothers)

Nate and Hazel outside the Married Officer's Quarters. 
The kids did the Junior Ranger Program.  One of the questions in the packet asked the kids to find 2 things that showed there were women there.  1. A Bathtub (Abby figured that no man would take a bath if there weren't women there to tell them to.  2. Gingerbread man cookies (Nate said that he didn't think men would go to the work to make the cookies look good.

Abby was surprisingly agreeable, she even let me take her picture!

I tried to take an artistic shot...

Christian.  Where did a man sized son?

Christian thought of one of our favorite picture books.  Mike Muligan and his steam shovel, maryann.

Abby still agreeable, and cute.

I think I need a porch so the kids can sit calmly and rest.



Abby still agreeable (and in the bathroom)  It sure was windy in there.

We also explored the historic jail. 



No comments:

Post a Comment